Vegan Gingerbread French Toast
Prep Time 30 mins
- 4 slices of bread (it’s best to use either thick slices of bread or crusty bread to avoid sogginess)
- 140ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ﬂaxseed
- 2 tbsp buckwheat ﬂour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add the almond milk, maple syrup, buckwheat ﬂour, ginger, cinnamon and salt to your blender. Then blend until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow bowl. Add one slice of bread to the bowl and soak each side for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut oil to a frying pan over a medium. Allow the oil to melt and the pan to heat up then add the ﬁrst slice of bread to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes before ﬂipping and cooking on the other side for a further 3-4 minutes. Once the french toast has turned golden brown and is starting to go crispy it’s cooked! Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- Top with slices of banana and an extra drizzle of maple syrup for a truly indulgent and delicious breakfast.