PREP: 15 MINUTES | MARINATE: 1 HOUR | PREHEAT: 6 MINUTES | COOK: 10 MINUTES | MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
4 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp chilli flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
600g chicken thighs, cut into 2.5cm cubes
1 red pepper, cut into quarters, deseeded and cut in 2.5cm pieces
1 yellow pepper, cut into quarters, deseeded and cut in 2.5cm pieces
1 green pepper, cut into quarters, deseeded and cut in 2.5cm pieces
2 small red onions, peeled and cut into 2.5cm pieces
6 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
1. In a mixing bowl, combine oil, lime juice, cumin, coriander, paprika, oregano, chilli flakes, salt and black pepper to taste. Add chicken cubes and mix to coat. Cover and leave to marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour.
2. Insert grill plate in unit and close lid. Select GRILL, set temperature to MED and set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
3. While unit is preheating, assemble the skewers in the following order until they’re almost full: chicken, pepper and onion. Ensure ingredients are pushed almost completely down to the end of the skewers. Reserve any marinade for brushing.
4. Once the unit has beeped to signify it has preheated, place kebabs on grill plate. Close lid.
5. When unit beeps and the display reads FLIP halfway through cooking, open lid baste exposed side of kebabs with marinade. Using silicone tongs, flip skewers and baste again. Close lid to continue cooking.
6. Cooking is complete when chicken reaches an internal temperature of 75°C. Open lid and remove skewers. Place kebabs on a platter and serve with rice or salad.