PREP: 10 MINUTES + CHILLING TIME | PREHEAT: 2 ½ MINUTES | COOK: 20 MINUTES | MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 large onion, peeled and cut into 8
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 (400g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
15g fresh coriander, leaves and stalks
1 small egg
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
½-1 tsp chilli powder
40g gram flour
½ tsp salt
Cooking spray or sunflower oil for spraying
1. Place all falafel ingredients into a food processor and pulse until fairly smooth but still a bit coarse.
2. Using an ice cream scoop or wet fingers form mixture into 18 balls. Place on baking parchment on a baking tray and chill falafels in fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up. Spray the crisper basket with oil. Place falafels into the basket.
3. Insert cooking pot in unit and close lid. Select BAKE, set temperature to 180°C and set time to 20 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
4. Spray or brush falafels with oil. When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place the crisper basket into the pot and close the lid. Check the falafels after about 15 minutes.
5. Once cooking is complete, serve falafels hot or cold with sauce.