PREP: 20 MINUTES | WHOLE ROAST: 50-55 MINUTES | MAKES: 4-6 SERVINGS
RACK LEVELS 1 & 4 | WIRE RACK, ROAST TRAY, OVEN TRAY, AIR FRY BASKET
2kg whole chicken(remove from fridge up to 1 hour prior to cooking)
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1 small lemon, zested then cut into quarters
4 garlic cloves, 3 unpeeled and bashed& 1 peeled and crushed
3 sprigs rosemary, 2 left whole & 1 chopped finely
3 sprigs thyme, 2 left whole & 1 chopped finely
5 tablespoons oil, divided
1.5kg Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes, peeled & cut into roughly 4cm chunks
1. Season inside of chicken cavity. Place half the lemon zest, three bashed garlic cloves, rosemary, thyme sprigs, lemon quarters inside cavity. Truss chicken. Mix remaining lemon zest, chopped herbs and crushed garlic with 1½ tablespoons oil and set aside.
2. Nest the roast tray in the oven tray, then place chicken on tray. Use 1½ tablespoons oil to brush chicken and season with salt and pepper.
3. Install the wire rack on Level 1. Select WHOLE ROAST, select 2 LEVEL, set temperature to 190 ̊C and set time to 55 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin preheating.
4. When the unit has preheated, place oven tray on wire rack on Level 1. Close oven door to begin cooking.
5. Place potatoes in a mixing bowl and mix with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Spray Air Fry Basket with oil and place potatoes in basket spaced apart.
6. After 30 minutes, slide chicken out and baste all over with the lemon, garlic and herb oil and return to oven. Slide basket with potatoes into the rails of Level 4. Close oven and continue cooking.
7. After 50 minutes, check chicken for doneness. Cooking of the chicken is complete when an instant read thermometer reads 75°C. Return to oven for another 5 minutes, if necessary. Potatoes will take approximately 25 minutes in total. Rest chicken 5-10 minutes before carving and serving with potatoes sprinkled with sea salt.