PREP: 5 MINUTES | PREHEAT: APPROX. 15-19 MINUTES | TOTAL COOK TIME: APPROX. 4-5 MINUTES |MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
4 uncooked Sirloin or Porterhouse steaks
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
Kosher salt, as desired
Ground black pepper, as desired
- Plug probe into unit. To install the grill grate, position it flat on top of the heating element and gently press down until it sits into place.
- While holding the smoke box lid open, use the pellet scoop to pour pellets into the smoke box until filled to the top. Then close the smoke box lid.
- Turn dial to GRILL. Press WOODFIRE FLAVOUR. Set temperature to HI, then select PRESET. To set the probe, use the right arrows to select BEEF, and the left arrows to select desired doneness. Select START/STOP to begin preheating(preheating will take approx. 15–19minutes).
- While unit is preheating, brush each steak on all sides with ½ tablespoon oil, then season with salt and pepper. Insert probe horizontally into the centre of the thickest part of the largest steak. Toss asparagus with remaining oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- When unit beeps to signify it has preheated and ADD FOOD is displayed, open hood and place steaks on grill grate, gently pressing down to maximise grill marks. Close hood over probe cord to begin cooking.
- When unit beeps and the display reads FLIP, open hood, and use silicone-tipped tongs to flip the steaks. Close hood to continue cooking.
- When unit beeps to signal the steaks are almost done cooking, open hood, transfer steaks to a cutting board, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While steaks are resting, place asparagus on grill grate and close hood. Turn dial to GRILL, set temperature to HI, and set time to 8 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin cooking.
- When cooking and resting are complete, open hood and remove asparagus from grill. Slice steaks and serve with asparagus.