PREP: 20 MINUTES| TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 25 MINS| MAKES: 8 SERVINGS
4 egg whites at room temperature
1 tsp white vinegar
180g caster sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
40cl whipping cream
20g icing sugar
300g fresh fruits (raspberry, strawberry, blueberry)
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with the vinegar.
- Once the egg whites have doubled in size and form stiff peaks, add the caster sugar mixed with corn-starch about 2 tbsp at the time until completely dissolved.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the tray and spread the meringue on it to form a disc of 26cm wide and 3-4cm thick.
- Turn on your oven and select BAKE, set the temperature to 130°C and the cooking time to 1 hour. Press START / PAUSE to begin preheating.
- Once the unit is preheated, place the tray directly on the rack.
- At the end of cooking, open the door of your oven and let the meringue cool down inside.
- Once the meringue has cooled down, whip the cream in a bowl and add the icing sugar at the end.
- Before serving, spread a thick layer of whipped cream on top of your meringue and place your red fruits over.