PREP: 15 MINUTES | ROAST: 50 MINUTES | AIR FRY: 35 MINUTES | MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
1.35kg whole chicken
1½ tablespoon olive oil
Few sprigs thyme
½ lemon, cut into quarters
4 garlic cloves, unpeeled and bashed with back of a knife
Salt and pepper, to taste
450g charlotte potatoes(approx. 8), cut in half lengthways
250g small carrots (approx. 4),peeled and cut in half lengthways
250g medium parsnips(approx. 2), peeled and cut into 4 lengthways
2 medium red onions, peeled and each cut into 4 wedges
3 tablespoon light olive oil
Few sprigs rosemary, roughly torn
1. Season the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper. Stuff the lemon, thyme and garlic into the cavity. Brush oil over the chicken and season the outside.
2. Place the prepared vegetables into a bowl with oil, toss and season to taste.
3. Insert the crisper plate into the Zone 1 drawer and place the chicken inside. Insert the crisper plate into the Zone 2 drawer and place the vegetables inside.
4. Select Zone 1, turn the dial to select ROAST, set temperature to 190°C and set time to50 minutes. Select Zone 2, turn the dial to select AIR FRY, set temperature to 190°C and set time to 35 minutes. Select SYNC. Press the dial to begin cooking.
5. After 25 minutes select Zone 1 and set temperature to 160°C. Press the dial to continue cooking.
6. Add the rosemary to the vegetables in Zone 2 and give them a turn.
7. Check and turn the vegetables again a couple of times before the cooking time is up so they cook and brown more evenly. Cooking is complete when chicken reaches 75°C.
8. Carve and serve the chicken with the vegetables.