PREP: 15 MINUTES | PREHEAT: 2 MINUTES | COOK: 30 MINUTES | MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
400g pork sausagemeat
2 tbsp caramelised onion chutney
1 tbsp fresh sage leaves, chopped
250 puff pastry
1 egg, beaten for glazing
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Insert cooking pot in unit and close lid. Select BAKE, set temperature to 160°C, and set time to 30 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
2. While unit is preheating, place sausagemeat, chutney, sage leaves, salt and pepper to taste into a large bowl. Mix together thoroughly. Form into a thick sausage about 22cm long.
3. Line crisper basket with baking parchment. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to a 24cm x 30cm rectangle and place in the crisper basket.
4. Arrange the sausagemeat in the middle, leaving a 2.5cm gap at each end. Using a sharp knife, cut diagonal strips, spaced 5cm apart, along the length of the pastry.
5. Fold up the ends, and then plait alternate strips of the pastry to neatly cover the sausage filling. Trim the excess pastry and brush all over with the beaten egg.
6. When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place crisper basket in cooking pot. Close lid and cook for 30 minutes.
7. When cooking is complete, serve hot or cold with a salad.