PREP: 5 MINUTES | TOTAL COOK TIME: 4-6 HOURS |MAKES: 6-8 SERVINGS
1.8kg pork shoulder, trimmed, fat removed
½ - 1 cup spice seasoning
Kosher salt, as desired
Ground black pepper, as desired
- Liberally season pork on all sides with desired seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Plug smart probe into unit. To install the grill grate, position it flat on top of the heating element and gently press down until it sits into place. Place the pork directly on the grill. Insert probe horizontally into the thickest part of the meat. Close the hood.
- While holding the smoke box lid open, use the pellet scoop to pour pellets into the smoke box until filled to the top. Then close the smoke box lid.
- Turn dial to SMOKER and set time and set temperature to 120°C. To set the probe, select MANUAL and set temperature to 95°C. Select START/STOP to begin cooking.(There is no preheat time for the Smoker function. Pellet ignition time will take 5-7 minutes before the cooking timer begins to countdown).
- When cooking is complete, turn unit off, leave hood closed, and let pork rest for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Alternatively, remove food from grill, wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour. Then shred the pork and toss or serve with sauce of choice.