PREP: 15 MINS PLUS 1 HOUR 40 MINS PROVING|TOTAL COOK TIME: 52-62 MINS |MAKES: 1 LOAF (8-10 SERVINGS) | APPROX.STEAM BUILD: 15 MINUTES |BREAD TIME:20 MINUTES
500g strong plain flour plus extra 2 tablespoons
7g instant yeast
300ml lukewarm water
1 teaspoon salt
2½ tablespoons olive oil
Soft butter for greasing
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, 300ml lukewarm water, salt, and olive oil. Knead until a smooth dough forms. If necessary, add extra flour ½ tablespoon at a time. Shape the dough into a ball.
- Cut baking parchment in a circle to fit and line bottom of basket. Transfer the dough to the basket. Place in pot. Close lid. Move slider to the AIR FRY/STOVE TOP position. Select PROVE, set temperature to 35°C and set time to 60 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin the first rise. When the rise is complete, remove the Cook & Crisp™ basket.
- Add 250ml water to the pot. Deflate the dough by gently pressing on it, then reshape it into a ball. Transfer the dough back to the basket, then place the basket in the pot. Close the lid.
- Select PROVE, set temp to 35°C and set time to 50 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin the second rise. After 50 minutes, check the dough to make sure it has doubled in size. Once complete, close the lid and move slider to the middle position.
- Select STEAM BREAD, set temperature to 180°Cand set time to 20 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin cooking (this will STEAM for approximately 15 minutes before switching to STEAM BREAD).
- When cooking is complete, the surface of the bread will be crusty and brown. Carefully remove the basket from the pot. Allow the bread to cool for about 30 minutes before slicing.