PREP: 10 MINUTES | PREHEAT: 7 MINUTES | COOK: WELL DONE OR DESIRED FINISH | MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
1 uncooked salmon fillet (600g), skin on
1 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt, as desired
Ground black pepper, as desired
1 lemon thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Plug probe into unit. Insert grill plate in unit and close lid. Select GRILL. The unit will default to HI, this is the correct temperature setting for this recipe. Select PRESET. Select FISH, use the arrows to the left of the display to set WELL DONE. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
2. While unit is preheating, coat salmon skin with oil. Flip and season the flesh with salt and pepper and place lemon slices in a row down the centre.
3. When unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place salmon on grill plate skin side down and close lid. Insert probe horizontally into thickest part of salmon
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. When unit beeps and the display reads FLIP halfway through cooking, do not flip the salmon, instead, spoon the mayonnaise mixture in a thin layer over the top (flesh side of the fillet). Close lid to continue cooking.
6. When unit beeps to signal cooking is complete. Use oven gloves to remove probe from salmon. Remove the salmon and serve with any remaining mayonnaise and garnish with chopped parsley.