PREP: 15 MINUTES| BAKE: 15-20 MINUTES | MAKES: 12 MUFFINS
200g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
½ teaspoon salt
2 ripe bananas, approx. 320g with skins on
200g light brown sugar
100g vegetable oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
50g chocolate chips
100g thick caramel or dulce de leche
12 dried banana chips to decorate
1. Sift the flour, mixed spice and salt into bowl.
2. In a large mixing bowl, peel and mash the bananas until smooth. Mix in sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla essence and whisk together until the oil is incorporated.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to bananas and whisk continually to combine, stir in chocolate chips.
4. Without a crisper plate inserted. Place 6 double thickness muffin cases in each drawer, spoon mixture between the muffin cases filling 3/4 full. Select zone 1, select BAKE, set temperature to 160°C, and set time to 15 minutes. Select MATCH. Press the START/STOP button to begin cooking.
5. When zone 1 time reaches 5 minutes, check whether muffins are cooked through. Cooking is complete when a wooden skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove muffins from drawer and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving. Top each muffin with a spoonful of caramel and a banana chip.