PREP: 5 MINUTES | TOTAL COOK TIME: 5-8 HOURS |MAKES: 6-8 SERVINGS
2.3–4 kg beef brisket, trimmed
3 tablespoons yellow mustard
½ –1 cup spice seasoning of choice
Kosher salt, as desired
Ground black pepper, as desired
- Liberally season brisket on all sides with mustard, desired seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Plug smart probe into unit. To install the grill grate, position it flat on top of the heating element and gently press down until it sits into place. Place the brisket directly on grill, then close the hood. Insert probe horizontally into the thickest part of the meat.
- While holding the smoke box lid open, use the pellet scoop to pour pellets into the smoke box until filled to the top. Then close the smoke box lid.
- Turn dial to SMOKER and set temperature to120°C. To set the probe, select MANUAL and set temperature to 100°C. Select START/STOP to begin cooking. (There is no preheat time for the Smoker function. Pellet ignition time will take 5-7 minutes before the cooking timer begins to count down.)
- When cooking is complete, open hood, remove brisket from grill, wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for 1 hour. Then slice the brisket against the grain and brush or serve with sauce of choice.