PREP: 5 MINUTES | MARINATE: 8 HOURS | TOTAL COOK TIME: 4-6 HOURS | MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
½ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
½ tablespoon onion powder
½ tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/8 –¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon kosher salt
453–680g uncooked beef eye of round, cut in 1/2 cm slices
- In a small bowl, prepare the marinade by whisking together all ingredients except the beef. Then place the marinade and beef in a large resealable plastic bag. Massage the outside of the bag to work the marinade over all parts of the beef, then place the bag in the refrigerator for 8 hours to marinate.
- To install the grill grate, position it flat on top of the heating element and gently press down until it sits into place.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and discard excess liquid. Place the beef in a flat single layer in the Crisper Basket. Then place the basket on the grill grate and close the hood.
- While holding the smoke box lid open, use the pellet scoop to pour pellets into the smoke box until filled to the top. Then close the smoke box lid.
- Turn dial to DEHYDRATE. Press WOODFIRE FLAVOUR. Set the temperature to 75°C and set time to 6 hours. Select START/STOP to begin cooking (preheating is not needed).
- Begin to check the beef jerky after 4 hours. If a crispier output is desired, continue to cook.
- When cooking is complete, open hood and remove basket with beef jerky. Beef jerky can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.