- 2 beetroot medium sized
- 1 420g tins chickpeas skins removed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ lemon juiced & pips removed 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan forced).
- Cut ends of beetroot and peel. Cube beetroot and place on baking tray. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat evenly. Place baking tray into oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove skins from chickpeas by pinching the end of each chickpea and pushing gently. The chickpea skin will come away from the chickpea. Once skins are removed, place chickpeas into a blender. This step is optional but makes for creamier hummus.
- After 45 minutes, remove the beetroot from the oven and allow to cool slightly before adding to the blender.
- After adding beetroot to the blender add the garlic, tahini, cumin powder, salt, pepper, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Store in a glass jar or container with lid and serve with crackers, vegetable sticks etc.