PREP: 15 MINUTES | PREHEAT: 3 MINUTES | COOK: 50 MINUTES | MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
1kg boned leg of lamb
2 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
fresh rosemary sprigs
1 tbsp sunflower oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
900g potatoes, scrubbed
1. Using cooking twine, tie lamb into a neat round shape for even cooking. Use the sharp point of knife to make deep slits into lamb skin and insert slivers of garlic and rosemary sprigs. Season to taste.
2. Plug probe into unit. To install the grill plate, slide it into the front of the base so it hooks in, then press down on the back until it clicks into place. Close the lid then select ROAST and set temperature to 180°C, then select PRESET. Use the dial to select LAMB. Press COOK LEVEL to select MED WELL. Press the dial to begin preheating, (approximately 3 minutes).
3. When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place in lamb. Insert probe horizontally into thickest part of lamb, (see probe placement instructions on page 10). Close lid.
4. Cut potatoes into 2cm cubes, rinse in water to remove starch, drain and pat dry. Toss potatoes, rosemary sprigs in oil, and seasoning.
5. After 25 minutes turn lamb over and add seasoned potatoes.
6. When unit beeps to signal cooking is complete. Use oven gloves to remove probe from lamb, remove the lamb and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
7. Check if the potatoes are brown enough, if not, select ROAST, set temperature to 180°C and set time to 10 minutes. Skip preheat by pressing the PREHEAT button. Display will show ADD FOOD, lift and close lid to begin cooking.
8. Serve potatoes with lamb.