PREP: 15 MINUTES | PREHEAT: 7 MINUTES | COOK: BASED ON DESIRED FINISH | MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
1kg minced beef
3 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion salt
Salt freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 cheese slices
6 burger buns
Condiments, as desired
1. Place beef, herbs, garlic powder, onion salt and seasoning into a bowl. Thoroughly mix together. Divide beef into 12 portions and form each into a loosely formed 10cm patty. Break up a slice of cheese into 4 and place 2 quarters on top of each other in centre of 6 patties and sandwich the plain patties on top and firm and shape together. Use your thumb to make a 1.5cm indent in the centre of each patty (this will help the burgers keep their shape uniform during cooking). Pop into fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
2. Plug probe into unit. Insert grill plate in unit and close lid. Select GRILL. The unit will default to HI, this is the correct temperature setting for this recipe. Select PRESET. Select BEEF, use the arrows to the left of the display to set MED WELL. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
3. While unit is preheating insert probe horizontally into the centre of one of the patties (see probe placement instructions on page 7).
4. When unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place patties on grill plate. Close lid over the cord.
5. Cook burgers, without flipping, until the unit beeps to signal they have reached your desired doneness. Use oven gloves to remove probe from burger and remove burgers from unit.
6. If desired, toast the buns directly on the grill plate by selecting GRILL, setting temperature to HI and setting time to 1 minute. Enjoy burgers with condiments and toppings of your choice.