PREP: 10 MINUTES | BAKE: 10-12 MINUTES | MAKES: 18-20 COOKIES
RACK: LEVELS 1 & 3 | 2 WIRE RACKS, OVEN TRAY
75g butter, softened
75g caster sugar
75g soft brown sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
175g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
100g chocolate chips
1. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg a little at a time and stir in the vanilla. Sift flour and baking powder together into bowl. Using a large spoon, fold flour into dough with chocolate chips.
2. Line the oven tray with baking parchment. Line another baking tray with baking parchment.
3. Place 9-10 large teaspoonfuls of cookie dough evenly spaced onto each tray.
4. Install the wire racks on level 1 and 3. Select BAKE, select 2 LEVEL, set temperature to 180°C, and set time to 12 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin preheating.
5. When the unit has preheated, place trays on wire racks. Close oven door to begin cooking.
6. After 10 minutes, check if ready. (The cookies should be soft in the middle).
7. Remove trays from oven and allow cookies to cool on tray for several minutes before serving.