PREP: 5 MINUTES | CHILL 15 MINS | COOK: 8 MINS | CONTAINER: 2.1L PITCHER | MAKES: 8
½ baguette 170g, cut in 2 cm cubes
½ red capsicum, cut in quarters
½ red onion, peeled, cut in half, ends trimmed
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 cans (170 ml each) jumbo lump crab meat
30g all-purpose flour
Juice of half a lemon
3 green onions, sliced
55g canola oil
Kosher salt, as desired
Ground black pepper, as desired
1. Install stacked blade in the 2.1 L Pitcher.
2. Place cubed baguette in the pitcher. Select PULSE to create bread crumbs. When processing is complete, transfer bread crumbs to a bowl and set aside.
3. Place red capsicum, onion, and garlic in the pitcher. Select CHOP and press START/STOP. Once processing is complete, run CHOP program again.
4. Remove lid and stacked blade. Transfer chopped vegetable mixture to a mixing bowl. Add crab meat, mayonnaise, flour, lemon juice, green onion, and 100g of the reserved breadcrumbs and mix evenly.
5. Place mixture in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
6. After mixture has chilled, stir in the remaining bread crumbs, divide mixture into 8 sections, and form into patties.
7. Heat canola oil in a pan over medium-high heat and cook crab cakes for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
8. Remove crab cakes from pan and season with salt and pepper as desired.