PREP: 15 MINUTES |COOK: 18 MINUTES PLUS 10 MINUTES MARINATING |MAKES:4 SERVINGS | STEAM BUILD: 11 MINUTES
700g baby new potatoes, cut into half or quarters if large
1 teaspoon salt
200g carrots, cut into thin sticks 7cm by 0.5cm
2 sticks of celery, cut into thin sticks 7cm by 0.5cm
1 lime, zest and juice
1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2cm cube of ginger, grated
Pinch of chilli flakes
1 teaspoon caster sugar
4 salmon fillets (130g each)
20g dried breadcrumbs
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a shallow dish, place lime zest, lime juice, oil, soy sauce, ginger, chilli and sugar. Stir well to combine. Add the salmon and turn to fully coat. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes. Remove salmon (reserve marinade) and sprinkle breadcrumbs over each fillet. Press breadcrumbs firmly into fish to coat. Season to taste.
- Put potatoes, water and salt in the bottom of the pot. Stir together.
- Place the bottom layer of the reversible rack in the lower position.
- Cover with foil, add carrots and celery in the centre of foil and pour over fish marinade. Slide the top layer through the bottom layer's handles. Carefully place the salmon on the top rack layer.
- Close the lid and move slider to the middle position. Select STEAM MEALS, set temperature to 170°C, and set time to 8 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin, (this will STEAM for approximately 11 minutes before switching to STEAM MEALS).
- When cooking is complete, carefully remove the entire rack with the salmon and vegetables.
- Drain the new potatoes, then serve with salmon and vegetables