PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: 50 MINUTES | MAKES: 6 SERVINGS
1kg potatoes, peeled
2 garlic cloves, peeled
300ml double cream
200ml whole milk
½ tsp grated nutmeg
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
150g Gruyere cheese, grated
Thyme sprigs to garnish
1. Cut potatoes into thin slices, (this can be done in a food processor or by a mandolin) and keep soaked in water.
2. Use peeled garlic to rub the inside of cooking pot, all over. Cut remaining garlic into slivers. Lightly butter the cooking pot over the bottom and sides. Cut the remaining butter into little cubes.
3. Mix double cream, milk and nutmeg together and pour a little into the cooking pot.
4. Drain potatoes. Layer the potato slices into dish with garlic, butter, salt and pepper. Pour over cream mixture. Sprinkle over cheese.
5. Select BAKE, set temperature to 150°C and set time to 50 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin and skip preheating by pressing PREHEAT. Place cooking pot in unit. Close lid.
6. When cooking is complete, garnish with thyme sprigs and let it stand for a few minutes before serving hot as an accompaniment to meats.