PREP: 10 MINUTES | PREHEAT: APPROX. 8-10 MINUTES | TOTAL COOK TIME: 40 MINUTES |MAKES: 6-8 SERVINGS
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups buttermilk
½ cup cornstarch
2 cups panko bread crumbs
6 bone-in skin-on chicken of choice(2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 breasts)
Nonstick cooking spray
- Plug smart probe into unit. To install the grill grate, position it flat on top of the heating element and gently press down until it sits into place. Place Crisper Basket on grill grate, then close the hood.
- While holding the smoke box lid open, use the pellet scoop to pour pellets into the smoke box until filled to the top. Then close the smoke box lid.
- Turn dial to AIR FRY Press WOODFIRE FLAVOUR. Set temperature to 180°C, then select PRESET. To set the probe, use the right arrows to select CHIX. Select START/STOP to begin preheating (preheating will take approx. 8–10 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, add all seasoning, buttermilk, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken into buttermilk, then place into the seasoned bread crumbs. Press each chicken into the bread crumbs for optimal sticking. Liberally spray each piece of coated chicken with the cooking spray. Insert probe horizontally into the centre of the thickest part of the largest chicken.
- When unit beeps to signify it has preheated and ADD FOOD is displayed, open hood and place chicken pieces in basket. Close hood to begin cooking. After 20 minutes, open hood and with silicone-tipped tongs, flip the chicken. Close hood to continue cooking.
- When cooking is complete, open hood, remove ‘fried ‘chicken from basket and serve.