PREP: 20 MINUTES | WHOLE ROAST: 60 MINUTES | MAKES: 4-6 SERVINGS
RACK LEVELS 1 & 4 | WIRE RACK, OVEN TRAY, AIR FRY BASKET
2 red onions cut into 2.5cm thick slices
1kg potatoes, cut into 5mm thick slices
300ml chicken stock
1.6kg leg of lamb
2 garlic cloves, minced
50g pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1. Place onions in an even layer in the centre of the oven tray. Cover onions with sliced potatoes and stock.
2. In a small bowl, mix the garlic, olives, oregano, oil, salt and pepper together. Rub mixture all over leg of lamb, coating evenly.
3. Place lamb on top of potatoes on tray.
4. Install the wire rack on Level 1. Select WHOLE ROAST, select 2 LEVEL, set temperature to 190 ̊C and set time to 60 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin preheating.
5. When the unit has preheated, carefully place tray on wire rack on Level 1. Close oven door to begin cooking.
6. Prepare zucchini by slicing in half horizontally and then into 5cm chunks. Brush with oil and season to taste. Arrange in a single layer on Air Fry Basket.
7. After 35 minutes, baste lamb with juices and re-arrange potatoes if they are starting to colour. Slide basket with zucchini into the rails of Level 4, then close oven door to continue cooking.
8. Cooking of the lamb is complete when an instant read thermometer reads 70°C. Remove lamb and potatoes from oven. Loosely cover lamb with a large piece of aluminium foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving with vegetables.
NOTE: If you like your vegetables browner, just cook for a few more minutes whilst the lamb is standing.