PREP: 5 MINUTES |PREHEAT: APPROX. 10–12 MINUTES |TOTAL COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES |MAKES: 4–6 SERVINGS
3 peaches, pitted, cut into 8 pieces
2 red plums, pitted, cut into 6 pieces
1 medium red onion, peeled, cut in 1cm thick, round slices
1 baguette, cut in 1cm thick slices, drizzled with olive oil
340 grams cherry tomatoes
½ continental cucumber, cut in 1cm pieces
230 grams bocconcini mozzarella balls
3 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
¼ cup lemon juice
Kosher salt, as desired
Ground black pepper, as desired
125 mL olive oil
Fresh torn basil leaves, as garnish
- To install the grill grate, position it flat on top of the heating element and gently press down until it sits into place, then close the hood. Turn dial to GRILL, set temperature to HI, and set time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin cooking (preheating will take approx. 10–12 minutes).
- When the unit has beeped to signify it has preheated and ADD FOOD is displayed, open the hood and place the oiled bread on the grill, close hood, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until bread is toasted and grill marks are prevalent. Then open hood, remove bread from grill and set aside.
- Open the hood, and add peaches and plums to grill, cut-side down, then close hood. Grill peaches and plums for 5 minutes or until grill marks are prevalent and fruit is soft (no need to flip). Then open hood, remove fruit from grill and set aside.
- Place the onions on the right side of the grill. Then place the tomatoes on the left side of the grill, close hood and cook for about 5 minutes or until blistered and lightly charred. Gently toss tomatoes with silicone-tipped tongs once or twice during cooking.
- When cooking is complete, transfer the onions and tomatoes to a medium bowl along with the cucumber and mozzarella. Cut fruit into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl. Cut bread into bite-sized pieces and add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until dressing is emulsified.
- Drizzle the dressing over the prepared salad and toss to evenly combine. Garnish with torn basil leaves and serve.