Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 41 minutes | Serves: 4
- 1 whole uncooked chicken (4 1/2-5 pounds)
- Juice of 2 lemons (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
Approx. pressure build: 6 minutes
Pressure cook: 22 minutes
Pressure release: 5 minutes
Air crisp: 8-18 minutes
1. Remove the packet of giblets, if included in the cavity of the chicken. Rinse chicken and tie legs together with cooking twine.
2. In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, hot water, honey, and 2 tablespoons salt. Pour mixture into the pot. Place whole peppercorns, thyme, and garlic in the pot.
3. Place chicken into the Cook & Crisp™ Basket and place basket in the pot
4. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to high (HI). Set time to 22 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
5. When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to natural release for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, quick release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
6. Brush chicken with canola oil or spray with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 400°F, and set time to 8 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin. Cook until desired level of crispness is reached, adding up to 10 additional minutes.
8. Let chicken rest for 5–10 minutes. Cooking is complete when internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove chicken from basket using the Ninja® roast lifters* (or 2 large serving forks).