PREP: 10 MINUTES | ROAST: 25 MINUTES | AIR FRY: 25 MINUTES | MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
600g potatoes e.g. Maris Piper or King Edwards or Rooster, cut in 1cm thick sticks
3 tablespoons oil
4 rashers of smoked back bacon
4 chicken breasts (170g each)
50g grated cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons BBQ sauce
1. Soak cut potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch. Drain well, then pat with a paper towel until very dry.
2. Meanwhile, roll chicken breasts into a neat shape and wrap with bacon. Secure in place with a cocktail stick.
3. Place chips with oil into a large mixing bowl; toss to combine with at least1/2tablespoon oil. For crispier results, use up to 3 tablespoons oil.
4. Insert a crisper plate in both drawers. Place chicken breasts in zone 1, then insert drawer in unit. Place chips in zone 2, then insert drawer in unit.
5. Select zone 1, select ROAST, set temperature to 180°C and set time to 35 minutes. Select zone 2, select AIR FRY, set temperature to 200°C, and set time to 35 minutes. Select SYNC. Select START/STOP to begin.
6. When zone 1 time reaches 10 minutes, remove drawer from unit and top chicken with cheese. Reinsert drawer to continue cooking.
7. When zone 2 time reaches 5 minutes, remove drawer from unit and shake drawer for 10 seconds. Reinsert drawer to continue cooking.
8. When zone 2 time reaches 30 minutes, shake for 10 seconds. Re-insert drawer to continue cooking for another 5 minutes if necessary. Sprinkle with sea salt to serve.
9. When zone 1 time reaches 0, check chicken is cooked. Cooking is complete when their internal temperature reaches at least 75°C on an instant-read thermometer. Serve chicken drizzled with BBQ sauce and chips.