PREP: 5 MINUTES |PREHEAT: APPROX. 10–12 MINUTES |TOTAL COOK TIME: 6-8 MINUTES |MAKES: 4–6 SERVINGS
900 grams jumbo prawns, peeled, tails removed, deveined
2 tablespoons canola oil
¼ cup Jamaican jerk seasoning
¼ cup honey
60 mL spiced rum
Zest and juice of 1 large orange
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 tablespoon ground ginger or minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Chopped coriander, for garnish
Lime wedges, for garnish
Cooked brown rice, for serving, as desired
- In a large bowl, toss the prawns with oil and Jamaican jerk seasoning until evenly coated.
- To install the grill grate, position it flat on top of the heating element and gently press down until it sits into place, then close the hood. Turn the dial to select GRILL, set temperature to HI, and set time to 8 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating (preheating will take approx.10–12 minutes).
- To prepare the rum glaze, place all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- When the unit beeps to signify it is preheated and ADD FOOD is displayed, open the hood and add the prawns to the grill, ensuring they are spread out to maximise grill marks. Leave the hood open and cook untouched for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Use silicone-tipped tongs, flip the prawns, then drizzle with 5 to 7 tablespoons of rum glaze. Continue to grill until fully cooked, about 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- When cooking is complete, remove prawns from grill, drizzle with any remaining rum glaze and garnish with coriander and lime wedges. If desired, serve over cooked rice.