PREP: 5 MINUTES |TOTAL COOK TIME: 1–2 HOURS |MAKES: 4–6 SERVINGS
2 racks baby back ribs, cut in half
1 cup spice seasoning
Kosher salt, as desired
Ground black pepper, as desired
- To install the grill grate, position it flat on top of the heating element and gently press down until it sits into place.
- Liberally cover ribs on all sides with desired seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Shingle ribs onto grill grate or place in rib rack, then close the hood.
- While holding the smoke box lid open, use the pellet scoop to pour pellets into the smoke box until filled to the top. Then close the smoke box lid.
- Turn dial to select SMOKER, set temperature to 120°C and set time to 2 hours. Select START/STOP to begin cooking (preheating is not needed).
- After 1 hour, open hood, and rotate ribs so the bottom side is now exposed on top. Depending on the thickness of the ribs, begin to check for doneness around 1 hour 30 minutes. Cooking is done when an instant-read food thermometer reads between 88°C to 95°C.
- When cooking is complete, open hood, remove ribs from grill and let rest for about 10 minutes. Then cut as desired and serve with sauce of choice.