PREP: 20 MINUTES | WHOLE ROAST: 55 MINUTES | MAKES: 4-6 SERVINGS
RACK LEVELS 1 & 4 | WIRE RACK, OVEN TRAY, ROAST TRAY, AIR FRY BASKET
10g fresh rosemary leaves
10g fresh sage leaves
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 teaspoons fennel seed (optional)
1 tablespoon fine sea salt
700g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2.5cm chunks
3 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 2.5cm chunks
2 zucchini, trimmed, halved lengthwise and cut into 2.5cm chunks
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1kg boneless, rind-on pork loin joint
Salt and ground black pepper
1. Finely chop the rosemary, sage, garlic, fennel seed, and sea salt together to form an even mixture.
2. In a large bowl, toss the vegetable chunks with 2 tablespoons of herb mixture and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to coat evenly. Arrange the vegetables evenly in a single layer in the air fry basket
3. To butterfly the pork: Place the pork on a cutting board, rind-side up with a short end facing you. If the skin is not already scored, score it diagonally at 2.5cm intervals. Using a sharp chef’s knife held parallel to the board, make a horizontal cut along one side of the pork, about 2cm above the board. Continue cutting with a series of short strokes, using one hand to unfold the roast, like opening a book, to form a flat piece of even thickness.
4. Spread the remaining herb mixture evenly over the pork, then roll it tightly, starting from a short end, and secure with cooking twine at 2.5cm intervals. Nest the roast tray in the oven tray, then place the pork seam-side down on the roast tray. Using a paper towel, pat the skin dry, brush it with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Install a wire rack on Level 1. Select WHOLE ROAST, select 2 LEVEL, set temperature to 200°C and set time to 55 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin preheating.
6. When the unit has preheated, place tray on wire rack on Level 1. Close oven door to begin cooking.
7. After 30 minutes, slide the air fry basket with vegetables into the rails of Level 4, close oven door to resume cooking. Cooking of the pork is complete when an instant-read thermometer inserted in the centre reads 75°C. After removing the roast from the oven, let it rest for 3-5 minutes before serving with the vegetables