Prep: 5 minutes | Blend time: 2 minutes | Chill: 2 hours | Makes: 10 servings
- 2 cups raw almonds, soaked in water for 4-6 hours, then strained
- 5 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- Place all ingredients into the blender pitcher in the order listed.
- Select BLEND then HIGH and allow to run for 60 seconds. Then press HIGH again and allow to run another 60 seconds.
- Set a large strainer over a medium bowl, and place a nut bag or cheesecloth in the strainer. Pour half the blended mixture into the strainer, then squeeze the milk out of the bag or cheesecloth into the bowl. Remove ground almonds from the bag or cheesecloth, then repeat process with remaining mixture.
- Chill almond milk for at least 2 hours before serving. Store unused milk in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.