PREP: 10 MINUTES | TOTAL COOK TIME: 70 MINUTES | MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
1 whole chicken (2kg)
1 lemon, cut in half
1 sprig fresh rosemary
7 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed, divided
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon Chicken Spice Blend
Kosher salt, as desired
Ground black pepper, as desired
550g pounds baby white potatoes
1 medium white onion, peeled, diced
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 ½ tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped (rosemary, thyme, marjoram)
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, set aside
1. Remove packet of giblets, if included, from cavity of chicken. Place lemon halves, sprig of rosemary, and 3 cloves garlic in the cavity. Tie legs together with cooking twine. Coat the chicken skin with canola oil, then season with Chicken Spice Blend, salt, and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, add the potatoes, onions, remaining garlic cloves, melted butter and fresh herbs, and toss to fully combine.
3. Install crisper plates in both drawers. Place the probe in the centre of the thickest part of the chicken. Place the chicken in the Zone 1 drawer. Feed the probe cord through the cutout on the top left drawer, then place the probe in the jack on the bottom left of the display. Insert the drawer in the unit.
4. Place the potato mixture in the Zone 2 drawer, then insert drawer in unit.
5. Select Zone 1, select ROAST, set temperature to 175°C. Use PROBE button to select Large Preset, then use the arrows on the left to select CHICKEN.
6. Select Zone 2, select AIR FRY, set temperature to 200°C, and set time to 35 minutes. Select SYNC. Press the START/PAUSE button to begin cooking. Monitor the Zone 2 drawer and shake the potatoes about every 15 minutes during the cooking process.
7. When cooking is complete, add Parmesan cheese to Zone 2 and shake until potatoes are evenly coated. Carefully remove the probe with oven mitts. Allow chicken to rest for 5minutes before carving. Serve chicken with potatoes.