PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOKS: 40 MINUTES | CONTAINER: 2.1L PITCHER | MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
60 ml milk
55 g bread crumbs
¼ small onion, peeled, cut in 5 cm pieces
2 cloves garlic, peeled
25 g parsley leaves, chopped
450 g uncooked ground beef
25 g shredded Parmesan
½ teaspoon crushed red capsicum
1 large egg, beaten
Kosher salt, as desired
Ground black pepper, as desired
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 jar (740 ml) marinara or pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Combine milk and bread crumbs in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Install stacked blade in the 2.1 L Pitcher. Place onion, garlic, and parsley in pitcher, then install the flat lid. Select CHOP and press START/STOP. Once processing is complete run CHOP program again.
4. Remove stacked blade. Install dough blade.
5. Place beef, bread crumb mixture, Parmesan, chili flakes, egg, salt, and capsicum in pitcher.
6. Select speed 1 and run until desired consistency is reached. Remove lid and dough blade.
7. Using your hands or a 2.5 cm scoop, form meat mixture into 12 meatballs. Coat in flour.
8. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add oil, and cook meatballs until golden brown, turning frequently.
9. Pour pasta sauce into a 20 cm x 20 cm baking dish. Place meatballs into dish and place casserole dish in oven. Cook meatballs for 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 74°C.