CB402 Parmesan & Panko Crusted Zucchini Chips Recipe
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOKS: 6 MINUTES | CONTAINER: 2.1L PITCHER | MAKES: 4-6 SERVINGS
125 ml all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
250 ml panko bread crumbs
125 ml grated Parmesan cheese
2 small zucchini, ends trimmed
125 ml vegetable oil, divided
Kosher salt, as desired
Marinara sauce, for serving
1. Place the flour in a medium bowl. Place the beaten eggs in a second bowl. In a third bowl, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan.
2. Install the disc spindle in the 2.1 L Pitcher. Place the Reversible Slicing/Shredding Disc, slicing side up, on the spindle. Install the feed chute lid and place 1 zucchini in the feed chute. Select DISC and press START/STOP. Use the pusher to push the zucchini through the chute. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
3. When processing is complete, remove the lid, disc, and spindle.
4. Working in batches, evenly cover the zucchini rounds by dredging in flour, dipping in the egg wash, then dredging in the bread crumb mixture.
5. Place a large skillet over medium heat with 65 ml vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the breaded zucchini rounds and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes each side.
6. Remove the zucchini from the oil, place on a plate lined with paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
Repeat with remaining zucchini slices, adding oil to the pan as necessary.
7. When cooking is complete, serve chips hot with marinara sauce for dipping.